Thursday, 6 December 2007

Trip to Europe with parents ---June 2007

My parents first international trip in June 2007. We initially thought about going to Far East Asia, but I played a pivotal role in convincing them to think about the Europe trip and guess what we finally made it to Europe!!!!!

The travels that I opted for this was "Raj Travels". This was zeroed down as it was covering most of the countries of Europe and above all was serving Vegetarian food. Also got some good reviews from people who had travelled my Raj Travels previously. The only drawback that I experienced was that the accomodation he provides is very far from the city. Otherwise, he is a fantastic tour operator. We had a guide called "Vivek ". He definately had lots of input for us.

My parents had a gala time. My dad freaked out in Madame Tussad's wax museum at London.It reminds me to narrate how apt the mastercard adv on TV to my experience(If you have watched). "The look on your parents face - Priceless". I ultimately realized that what contented me was not the country, but the fact that my parents were really happy and enjoying every minute of it.

Our Co-travellers was also one of the reasons as to why this trip was very successful. We were a bunch of energised, crazy people on one coach. There was Antakshari, Dumb Charades, Jokes etc... which kept us all busy.We created a ruckus whereever we went. Switzerland was my favourite country. The cable cars amazed me. I saw the ICE peaked mountains for the first tiem in my life and I freaked out in the Ice Rider.The Gondola ride at Venice was nice.

I will treasure the memories of this trip for the rest of my life. It was a very special one for me.

No comments: